How to Store Your Boat or RV
Serving all of Clark County
There is no better way to keep your boat, RV, or other recreational vehicles out of the elements than storing them in a covered space, like our 10’x30’ units. Covered storage spaces will keep the integrity of the vinyl, paint, fiberglass, rubber, and all other components for years to come, but it also takes preparation. Keep reading to find out how to properly store your boat or RV in a storage unit.
How to Store Your Boat
Storing a boat for the winter months does come with some specific needs. Below are some tasks you’ll want to complete before parking your boat for the winter.
- Top off fluids
- Grease steering mechanisms
- Remove drive belts
- Remove battery
- Seal ports
- Clean interior
- Wax exterior
- Remove wet items
Reserve A Unit Today!Click below to reserve a storage unit today.`
How to Store Your RV
Preparing your RV for storage also takes preparation. Doing these tasks now will help prevent expensive and catastrophic repairs later.
- Change your oil
- Remove LP canisters
- Close valves
- Check tires
- Remove your battery
- Drain RV fluids
- Add fuel stabilizer for the winter months
- Cover furniture
- Remove all perishable items and open up all cabinets in the RV
Consult with your owner’s manual for specific instructions for additional information regarding storing your particular RV.
How to Backup an RV or Boat
- Turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction that you want the trailer to go. Some people like to place a hand at the bottom of the steering wheel and move it in the direction they want the trailer to turn towards.
- Take your time. Get out and survey the situation. Plan how you want to back the trailer in. Look for obstacles and move anything that is in the way. Don’t forget to look up.
- Have a good spotter. A spotter can help guide you into your space and let you know if you are getting too close to an object or another trailer.
- Have clean and properly adjusted mirrors and use them. Make sure you can see your spotter in your mirrors and monitor them every few seconds.
- Pay attention to the front. It’s very easy to get all caught up in backing and forget what is right in front of the truck.
- Try to always back into spots on the driver’s side. Backing into a spot on the passenger
Need Boat or RV Storage in Vancouver WA?
If you live in the Vancouver WA area, there’s no better place to store your RV or boat than at Storage Works. We have three convenient locations and multiple storage sizes to choose from, each with affordable rates, 24/7 recorded surveillance, and friendly knowledgeable staff on-site. So contact us today for your personalized quote!Back to Storage Tips
How to Store Your Boat or RV in Vancouver WA
Serving the surrounding areas: